If you’re asking yourself “why is my dishwasher not working,” you’re in the right place to find solutions. Dishwashers can be fickle appliances, but with this guide, you’ll be able to pinpoint and resolve the most common issues without breaking a sweat. No matter your level of expertise, these straightforward instructions will walk you through each step of the way.
Problem 1: Dishwasher Won’t Start
- Check the power connection. Ensure that the dishwasher is plugged into the electrical outlet properly.
- Inspect the door latch. The dishwasher may not start if the door isn’t completely closed and latched.
- Examine the control panel. Reset the dishwasher by turning off the power at the circuit breaker for 1 minute, then turning it back on.
For more articles on dishwasher problems, click here: Dishwasher Problems and Solutions: Your Ultimate Guide to Hassle-free Dishwashing
Problem 2: Dishwasher Doesn’t Clean Dishes Properly
- Inspect the spray arms. Clean any food particles or debris that may be blocking them.
- Check the detergent dispenser. Make sure it’s not clogged and is dispensing detergent properly.
- Adjust the water temperature. The water should be at least 120°F (49°C) for optimal cleaning.