If you’re wondering why hand washing dishes is better than using a dishwasher, you’ve come to the right place. This article will walk you through the advantages, backed by respected authorities, and offer practical steps to make your hand washing routine more efficient.
Why Hand Washing Dishes is Better: Environmental Benefits
One reason why hand washing dishes is better is the environmental impact. Unlike dishwashers, washing dishes by hand consumes less energy.
- Step 1: Fill a basin with warm water and soap.
- Step 2: Soak dishes in the basin for a few minutes to loosen food debris.
- Step 3: Use a sponge to scrub the dishes clean, conserving water by keeping the tap off as you scrub.
- Step 4: Rinse off the soap under a low-pressure tap.
For more articles on dishwashers, click here: Dishwasher Problems and Solutions: Your Ultimate Guide to Hassle-free Dishwashing
Why Hand Washing Dishes is Better: Sanitization
Sanitizing dishes is another reason why hand washing is better. With hot water and soap, you can effectively kill bacteria.
- Step 1: Fill a basin with hot water, at least 110°F (43°C).
- Step 2: Add a tablespoon of dish soap.
- Step 3: Soak the dishes for at least 10 minutes.
- Step 4: Use a sponge or cloth to scrub the dishes.
Why Hand Washing Dishes is Better: Family Bonding
Another reason why hand washing dishes is better is that it offers an opportunity for family bonding.
- Step 1: Gather the family around the kitchen sink.
- Step 2: Assign roles such as scrubber, rinser, and dryer.
- Step 3: Rotate the roles to keep everyone engaged.